As part of our “during and Post- Covid-19” Youth Development Strategy, the Office of the Special Adviser to the Governor of Delta State on Youth Development is rolling-out plans to organize an entrepreneurship/business Competition tagged “Grow a Million” in Delta State, Nigeria.
The aim of the event is to inspire and encourage Delta State Youths to think outside the box of white Collar jobs, hence our goal is to help them look towards entrepreneurship and business as a means of livelihood.
We designed this programme to encourage youths whom are innovative, which in turn will endear them to be self-reliant and useful to both themselves and society. The Youths with the best business ideas will win cash prizes.
Winners will be picked from all three senatorial districts as the top prize winner gets N1million naira to grow their business.
Entries (How to qualify)
The competition is only open to Delta State youths between that ages of 18-35 years that reside and have their businesses in Delta State.
Based on following safety standards of the COVID-19 protocol, we are adopting and electronic pitch system.
Candidates that had picked up physical forms and submitted will be given prime priority to win the top prizes while new candidates will be considered for consolation prizes only.
Candidates in the category of first entries i.e. candidates that had earlier picked up a form and submitted hard copy business plans should please note that their elevator pitch entries will be matched with their previous submission.
Only those candidates are qualified to win the top cash prizes.
All candidates that are new entries are required to select new when submitting their elevator pitch videos.
All new candidates that do not have a matching hard copy entry and select first would be automatically disqualified for false entry. Kindly submit your elevator pitch entries in the right category.
- Candidates were required to pick forms from their LGA’s
- Candidates were required to fill those forms and submit via the same channel of
- All candidates, old and new are now required to record a 2 min elevator pitch and upload on their profile (see steps on how to upload here, Please note new entries are only eligible to win consolation prizes)
- Candidates are now required to share their entry video from the page to gather
shares, likes and comments. (The highest shared, liked and commented videos will be chosen as finalists).
- Candidates have one week to upload video and two weeks to gather comments,
shares and likes.
- Based on previously submitted forms, business plans and elevator pitch videos, the Top 10 finalists in each category will be chosen and announced via our blog.
- The Top 10 Finalists will be required to upload a more robust final pitch video for our
judges to choose.
- Top winners from each senatorial district will be chosen by our e-judges and
announced via our blog
- Top consolation prizes will also be announced via our blog.
Please note that candidates that did not win or get any prizes can do so in season 2 of the Grow a Million competition following up shortly after this.
Please keep in touch by joining our WhatsApp group using this link-